Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Almost spring...

by Kerry Martenis '14

The second semester has been flying by. It seems like just yesterday I was moving back in after winter break, but now it’s almost time for spring break! Through all this the dedicated women’s soccer team has been working hard in preparation for next season. We have all committed ourselves to being the best we can be so when next season rolls around, we will be the ones on top.

As a team, we just finished our intramural basketball season. We didn’t come out on top, but I’d like to think that we had fun along the way. I will admit though, it was a challenge some days to go out and play after having to do our strongman workouts. But I enjoyed the experience and look forward to playing again next year, even though I’m a pretty useless basketball player.

Now that basketball is over, we just have lifting and our own personal workouts, until after spring break. I can’t wait to lace up my cleats and walk out on that field again. I’m sure we’re all ready to get outside and get some touches on the ball. Speaking of spring, we all got a little dose of spring weather last week which was very refreshing, but I guess Mother Nature just isn’t ready to let go of winter yet. Let’s just hope she decides to roll in spring early this year.

On another note, a little update on the freshmen, we’ve all rushed sororities! There are three ladies in Phi Mu, one in Alpha Phi, one in Phi Sigma Rho, and last but not least one in Delta Gamma. We are the only class to have all rushed, and from what I’ve heard, everyone loves it.

So as we continue on through our second semester, we will continue to work hard on and off the field, or I guess it would be more accurate to say in and out of the weight room. We’ve committed ourselves and we are ready for anything.

No comments: